Hiring Organization / Company: Aptim
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Lays out, aligns and welds fabricated, cast and forged components to assemble structural forms
such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, buildings and pipe, according to blueprints and metallurgy.
- Selects type and size of pipe or other related materials and equipment according to specifications.
- Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
- May be required to use Gas-Metal Arc, Flux-Cored Arc, Gas-Tungsten Arc, Submerged Arc, or Shielded Metal Arc welding processes.
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together in various body positions.
- Bolts, clamps and welds together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe and tube or structural shapes, using arc and arc gas welding equipment. May weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position. May tack weld assemblies together.
- Connects cable from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope and pulse as specified by procedure or supervisor.
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun.
- Starts power supply to produce electric current.
- Strikes arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of work piece.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld-line, maintaining length of arc and speed and movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- May manually apply filler rod to supply weld metal. May clean or degrease weld joint or workplace, using wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath. May repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes. May remove excess weld, defective weld material, slag and spatter, using carbon arc gouge, hand scrapper, grinder or power chipper. May preheat work piece, using hand torch or heating furnace. May cut metal plates or structural shapes.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Assists other mechanics as needed.
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Required to pass employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification standards. Performs only procedures certified in.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
a. Standing 50% Walking 20% Sitting 30%
b. Lifting 35 lb.
Carrying 35 lb.
Pushing 0 ft-lb.
Pulling 0 ft-lb.
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)F Frequently (34-66%)C Constantly (67-100%)
Job Location Information:
Location: Nitro, Wv 25143
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the hardest jobs at the present time. Most often, you’ll haven’t any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not alone. There are a number of other folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center may also be simple if where to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are pointers that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an out of this world and often overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly provide very important training, property, and systems for task seekers. These companies can be particularly helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating enjoy. A simple Internet experiment for job firms on your areamust uncover the place and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The top function for that is to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply companies the way in which of screening applicants. Employment products and services can usually be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn into into a long lasting process for the people who carry out well all the way through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of money while cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.