Hiring Organization / Company: Manhattan Mechanical Services
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Manhattan Mechanical Services has current openings for a Maintenance and Turn Around experienced Pipe Welder (A-Welder). Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience working Maintenance and Turn Arounds in Oil Refineries and be able to certify on carbon, stainless and Inconel pipe.
The successful Pipe Welder will be experienced in Maintenance and Turn Around work specifically in Oil Refineries, new construction experience is not considered. He/she must be a team-player prepared to share workload with a positive attitude and have the physical ability to perform the duties of this job. All team members will be required to perform other duties that may be outside of this job description and their normal work function, if they are qualified to do so.
- Review all QA/QC requirements for projects
- Independently perform Blinding and Bolt Up’s
- Creates field drawings and fabricates, modifies, and/or revises piping per sketches,
- Reads, understands and interprets isometric drawings, sketches and blueprints
- Field and shop pipe fabrication
- Complete all required QA/QC forms properly with all necessary signatures
- Verifies that pipe id fabricated in accordance with the isometric drawing
- Installs pipe and pipe hangers
- Work around oil refining plant hazards, which may require special precautions and PPE, such as Sulfuric, H2S, and HF
- Working while wearing a respirator or SCBA
- Fully participates in health, safety, quality, and environmental processes
- Performs other duties and assigned
- A minimum of four years’ experience in the Oil Refining / Petrochemical Industry as a Pipe Welder (A-Welder).
- Understands material take-offs
- Work in a maintenance capacity when required
- Must be able to pass multiple x-ray weld tests
- OSHA 10 Safety Certification (will provide if needed)
- Possess hand tools relative to Maintenance and the A Welder position (list provided)
- Must be willing to attend continued training applicable to the job as deemed necessary by MANHATTAN MECHANICAL
- Must have valid driver's license or other government issued identification
- Must be willing to comply with MANHATTAN MECHANICAL 'S drug and alcohol policy
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical examination
- Must be able to work at elevated heights as well as confined spaces.
- Must be able to read and understand safety instructions, signs, labels, and permits in English
Manhattan Mechanical Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Job Location Information:
Location: Manhattan, Il 60442
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs nowadays. Typically, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not on your own. There are a few folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you recognize where to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an out of this world and repeatedly lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently supply important training, assets, and techniques for activity seekers. These corporations may also be in particular useful for young job seekers or those with little operating enjoy. A easy Web scan for job firms to your areamust uncover the place and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The tip purpose for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply corporations the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can often be a sooner and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise grow to be into a long lasting job for the people who perform smartly throughout their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash whilst cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.