Hiring Organization / Company: General Stamping & Metalworks
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The Fabrication Welder is responsible for expertly operating Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding equipment to safely produce beautiful welded metal fabricated parts and assemblies to customer print specifications. These parts are to meet or exceed established quality and productivity standards.
Key Responsibilities and Purpose
The primary responsibility of the Fabrication Welder is to produce metal fabricated parts and assemblies to customer print specifications using standardized weld processes.
- Expertly operating MIG and/or TIG welding equipment.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to welding, using straightedges, squares, clamps and fixtures
- Ability to make minor welding parameter adjustments to ensure proper weld quality
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with standard inspection tools to ensure conformance with drawing specifications
- Supporting achievement of company standards in safety, productivity, and on-time production
- Reporting all property or tool damage immediately to the production supervisor
- Using inspection devices (calipers, pin gauges, check fixtures) to inspect parts, according to print and product inspection plan (PIP)
- Selecting and using fixtures, as identified in the process setup sheets
- Reading the print fully in order to understand tolerances, geometry, weld symbols and special instructions
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Minimum of 6 months in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
Conditions of Hire
- All employment with GSM, Inc. is at-will by the employer and employee and therefore subject to change.
Why Choose General Stamping & Metalworks?
- Employer since 1922. (Tomah since 2006)
- Competitive Wages
- Pay determined based on skills and experience
- Advancement & Growth Opportunities
- State-of-the-art Facility
- Air conditioned Welding Booths
- Machine & process knowledge Supervisors
- Excellent benefit package which includes: 401 K Plan, short & Long term disability, medical insurance, dental & vision
- Holiday pay, vacation accrual starting on the date of hire and available to use after 90 days of employment
- $2 second shift premium
- $500 hiring bonus
Apply here now!
Job Location Information:
Location: Tomah, Wi 54660
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is one of the hardest jobs these days. In most cases, you will don’t have any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not alone. There are a couple of other folks out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center will also be simple if the place to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are pointers that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an unbelievable and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently supply essential training, property, and techniques for process seekers. These companies will also be in particular useful for younger job seekers or those with little operating experience. A simple Internet scan for job firms to your areaought to uncover the place and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The end objective for that may be to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply companies the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can frequently be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise transform into a long-lasting task for the people who perform neatly throughout their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money whilst money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.