Hiring Organization / Company: Gmt Corporation
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
$16 - $19 an hour
Number of hires for this role
2 to 4
Welding, 2 years (Required)
Full Job Description
- Ensures materials are welded correctly by studying blueprints, visualizing and planning sequence of welding. Performs selected method and procedure of welding.
- Prepares materials to be welded by performing the duties such as: grouping together materials, checking sizes to print, aligning material per part print, tasking together weldment, verifying tolerance and welding project or weldment.
- Produces quality weldment by accurately welding project or weldment. May be required to perform any of the following weldment procedures; hard weld (pre-heat block or casting and weld at proper temperature to ensure weldment does not crack and it properly cools down), production welding (verifies materials, welds and inspects finished weldment to ensure quality) and heat treating (heat to proper temperature and quench in oil or water to produce desired hardness).
- Finished weldment by grinding, sanding or chipping rough or sharp edges, weld splatter, surplus weld or scale.
- Maintains safe workplace by cleaning work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Inspects the finished weldment to ensure that all welds conform to print specifications.
- Keeps training current and maintains ability to read and comprehend blueprints and weld symbols.
- Accurately records work-related data to include proper time reporting, in addition to other required/requested data and information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Welding: 2 years (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
30+ days ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Job Location Information:
City: Des Moines
Location: Des Moines, Ia
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs in this day and age. Most often, you are going to have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a number of other people available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center can also be simple if where to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are a fantastic and often overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often supply essential training, property, and systems for activity seekers. These corporations can be specifically useful for young job seekers or those with little operating experience. A simple Internet scan for job firms to your areashould discover the place and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top goal for that is to save cash on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide corporations the way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can repeatedly be a faster and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise grow to be into a long-lasting activity for the individuals who carry out smartly during their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money when money is now tight within the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.