Hiring Organization / Company: Allen & Shariff
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Allen + Shariff is seeking a Senior Plumbing and Fire Protection Designer. The Senior Designer works independently on various projects as assigned by a more senior leader. He/she may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design. The Senior Designer will work on several concurrent projects. The Senior Designer applies his/her skills to produce drawings consistent with client requirements and standards.
- Meets with the project team of engineers and architects to discuss design for plumbing and fire protection scope, schedule, budget, phasing, and site issues.
- Performs site visits to determine a design direction, including making educated decisions on system designs and upgrades.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable building codes. Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Ability to evaluate construction costs and feasibility of construction.
- Extension experience with system layout, calculations, and sizing of piping and equipment for plumbing and fire protection.
- Provides guidance to less senior level designers and supervises their efforts in completing projects on time and within budget.
- Prepares contract documents using latest version of AutoCad and/or Revit software.
- Works with architects, clients, and other engineering disciplines to coordinate systems during design.
- Reviews preliminary and final design with other disciplines for function, clearances, coordination, and final design selection.
- Performs reviews of engineering drawings.
- Conducts plumbing and fire protection construction administration, including shop drawing review, site visits, cost proposal evaluations, and response to questions from the field.
- Reviews contractor application for payments. Has a thorough understanding of construction process.
- Assists in the education and development of design staff and acts as resource for design questions.
- This is not a remote position. In office is standard ASE policy.
- Associates Degree in a related engineering discipline with a sound knowledge of plumbing and fire protection fundamentals.
- 8+ years of related experience
- Strong CAD skills required. REVIT experience preferred.
- Possesses proficient written and oral communications skills, and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/documents for the purpose of coordination and project management.
- Solid knowledge of plumbing and fire protection trades.
- ASPE (American Society of Plumbing Engineers) CPDT, OR CPD, preferred.
- LEED certifications are a plus.
Think you have what it takes to join the Allen & Shariff team? Send your resume to [email protected]
Allen & Shariff is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Location Information:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa 15212
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs nowadays. Normally, you will haven’t any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are several people in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can be simple if you already know the place to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an unbelievable and frequently lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly provide important coaching, belongings, and methods for task seekers. These companies may also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A simple Web test for job firms to your areaought to uncover where and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The top purpose for that is to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply firms the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can repeatedly be a faster and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn into into an enduring activity for the people who perform well all over their running.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of money while money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.