Hiring Organization / Company: Epsilon Systems Inc
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Epsilon Systems Partners, Inc. is seeking a full time Welder (Engineering Technician III) in San Diego, CA.
Summary: This position welds metal components together to design specifications or repair products, such as machine parts, shipboard equipment, according to layouts, blueprints or work orders, using SWRMC approved welding and brazing techniques with a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides welding support certified in Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG), Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG) and Gas Metal Arc Welding Pulse (GMAW-P) using 5356 filler wire.
- Uses hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ignites torches or starts power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Clamps, holds, tack-welds, heat-bends, grinds or bolts component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
- Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, carbon arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, submerged arc welding and pipe welding.
- Ensures shop safety and housekeeping are followed
- Ensures all materials and equipment are properly and safely stored, protected, and maintained
- Reports the status and progress of all work to the government supervisor
- Alerts the government supervisor of the causes of work delays
- Monitors the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Examines work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straight edges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognizes, set ups, and operates hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and secures parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Performs welding methods using a mirror.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years work related experience
- Minimum 2 years specific experience as a qualified production welder
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DBIDS badge
- Ability to communicate verbally and electronically
- Ability to read schematics, follow detailed instructions and be self-motivated
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow detailed oral and written instructions, schematics or drawings and to conduct activities in a safe manner
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedure appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of Qualify Craftsman 301 for civilians
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Production welder experience while in the Navy or working as a civilian production welder supporting Navy ship repair or new construction
- Completion of a formal course of vocational or Navy welding training and certification
- Frequent standing, sitting, crawling, kneeling, stooping, crouching, walking, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
- Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy
- Manual and finger dexterity; able to grasp, manipulate, assemble small objects
Epsilon Systems Partners and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.
Job Location Information:
City: San Diego
Location: San Diego, Ca 92123
Date Posted: 2021-02-27
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Most often, you will haven’t any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you’re not on your own. There are a couple of other folks out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center can be simple if you recognize where to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are tips to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an unbelievable and usually lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly provide crucial coaching, assets, and methods for activity seekers. These firms may also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little operating experience. A easy Web test for job firms on your areashould uncover where and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The end function for that is to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide firms the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can regularly be a quicker and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting job for the individuals who carry out smartly throughout their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of cash whilst money is now tight in the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.