Hiring Organization / Company: Texas Hydraulics, Inc.
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Stability and growth in the same company is possible. Celebrating a half-century in operations, Texas Hydraulics has a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year.
High volume orders from our customers has created double-digit growth and going into the new year, we need to add a Welder to our team in our Temple, Texas location to keep up with production commitments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtains specified electrode & inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, & pulse, as specified by Welding Engineer or Welding Technician
- Starts power supply to produce electric current
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt & deposit metal from electrode to work piece & join edges of work piece
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc & speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion & bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, & size of molten puddle
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position
- Examines weld for bead size & other specifications
- Applies filler rod manually to supply weld metal
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or work piece
- Repairs broken or cracked parts & fills holes
- Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces
- Chips off excess weld, slag, & spatter
- Preheats work piece with hand torch or heating furnace
- Positions & clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture
- Tacks assemblies together
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma/GED or technical school; or one to two years of related experience
- Successfully complete AWS D1.1 Certification within 12 months of hire
- Ability to follow safety rules, operating instructions, & procedure manuals
- Successfully demonstrate welding proficiency in pre-employment weld test
- Demonstrate Math proficiency as it relates to this job
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals & vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat (non-weather) & risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly lift & /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception & Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk & stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & stand for extended periods of time.
Job Location Information:
Location: Temple, Tx 76504
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you will agree that it is among the hardest jobs these days. Generally, you are going to have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a number of people in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center may also be easy if you know where to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are pointers to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an implausible and commonly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply critical training, property, and methods for activity seekers. These corporations can also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A simple Internet scan for job firms in your areashould uncover the place and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The tip objective for that is to economize on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give firms the best way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can usually be a quicker and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise become into a long lasting task for the individuals who carry out well during their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash while money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.